Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tumble Bugs

As much as it might simplify our schedules to have Aiden and Nathan choose one particular activity to get involved with and stay with, they tend to like to hop around and try everything once. Since they're still quite young, I don't mind this so much. This is where the parks and rec dept comes in very handy. Right now, they're taking a trampoline and tumbling class. Aiden loves it. Nathan refuses to participate for the first 30 minutes of class. This is typical of Nathan, but since he does eventually participate, we still sign him up for things. He'll probably grow out of it - he's just scared of everything for now.

Thankfully their classes are on the same afternoon, back to back. Nathan goes first.

There he is. Just sitting. Away from the rest of the children. Ugh.

Finally, one of the instructors tried talking him into actually doing something.

Then he just kind of made Nathan sit down and he flipped him over. And guess what? Nathan loved it. Go figure! But he still refused to do anything for the first 30 minutes of the following week's class.

Next class is Aiden's. Aiden throws himself into anything and everything full force. No fear, no anxiety. He goes into every activity with the assumption that it WILL be the most fun he's ever had. What a fantastic way of living life!
Look at all that joy and happiness on his face! And this was only two minutes into class!

Aiden certainly wasn't afraid to do everything on his own. No instructor needed!

Yep, that's Aiden standing on his hands. Again, no instructor needed.


And here's Aiden gleefully tossing himself through the air down the 40 ft trampoline. Hopefully this video works for all of you - I realized that I've never actually tried to upload a video to the blog before!

So what can I say? I have two very different children. But each activity will benefit both of them in their own way, I'm sure. Next up....another round of swimming classes!

No comments: