Monday, July 23, 2012

A Moment

I would like to take a moment to ask my readers to keep some very dear friends of mine in prayer today. My friends, Liz and Rusty, lost their dad, Jerry Sugden, this morning. He went to Jesus peacefully in his sleep, but I know we all feel that it was way too soon. I have known their family well since I was very little - long enough that I can't remember ever NOT knowing them. I know their family so well and for so long, that I truly feel as though I've lost a member of my own family. My memories of him are filled with joy. He was a great support whenever I was struggling, and I struggled much as a teenager. I will never forget him taking me aside and telling me that he was proud to watch me grow from a tiny little girl into a beautiful adult. It was an honor to have him be proud of me.

I know the whole family's pain and sense of loss is great today. They've lost a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. Heaven received a wonderful addition today.

As an additional prayer request, please keep Liz, her husband, and their new baby in prayer as they need to quickly obtain a passport for the baby and make emergency international travel arrangements, as they are living abroad at the moment.

No comments: