In case you weren't aware, I love Halloween. I was going to say that I take Halloween very seriously, but that's not at all true. I wasn't allowed to recognize Halloween for a very long time growing up because my mother believed that it was satanic. Once I was old enough, I decided that it was only satanic if you made it that way. For me, Halloween was a season for tons of fun and especially since I have kids now, I try to make it as fun as possible. I'm definitely not one of those people who puts up dismembered limbs as decorations or watches scary/gory movies that are made for the season. Halloween in our house means coming up with super silly decorations, carving funny faces into pumpkins (but we did choose one scary face this year), making yummy Halloween/fall foods, and choosing the perfect costume. I think the boys get almost more excited about what MY costume is going to be than their own! I've let them choose my costume for the past few years and they really enjoy getting to make the decisions for me. I hope I can continue these Halloween traditions with Aiden and Nathan for many years to come (until they get too embarrassed to be seen with me).
Ballerina mommy with Buzz Lightyear and Woody.
My costume! And yes, I really did have all this just sitting in my closet. Being able to still get up on pointe without breaking my ankles was a huge thrill for me, and my screwy knee held up just fine!



No comments:
Post a Comment