Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dr Honeydew

I may have been mentioned before: I'm not a dog person. Ok fine....I wasn't a dog person. Then Buster happened and I realized that I really preferred dogs over cats. Most of the time anyway. Sometimes it's nice to have an animal that will leave you alone every now and then - something dogs DON'T do.

After I realized that I liked Buster, we got Dr Honeydew from the Oregon Humane Society. I seriously questioned why on earth I agreed to get a bigger dog for a long while. But we've had her now for almost two years and I have to say that she has really grown on me. She's not super smart (I had been under the impression that labs were intelligent dogs), and she is scared of everything (especially the dreaded grocery bag) but she has so much love for all of us.

Dogs become like their owners? We apparently rest our arms the same way during bedtime stories on the sleepover mattress.

After trying and failing to make the upstairs a dog-free zone, she was allowed free reign of the house once she stopped chewing up everything in sight. We also decided to let her sleep in our bedrooms at night instead of sticking her in the crate. I think she likes it, and we adjusted to hearing dog noises all night long fairly quickly.


Except sometimes she forgets the she has a dog bed in our room, and that pillows and blankets are for people. Um, that's MY side of the bed, Honeydew.
Yeah.....she did not want to get out of our bed. I finally elbowed her over to John's side so I could go to sleep. Then it was John's problem.

No comments: