I'll continue the remainder of my vacation posts shortly, I promise. There's a lot going on here, although in some ways, I don't really understand why I feel so busy as what I want to be happening to make me busy....isn't happening. If that makes any sense.
Anyway, John and I had a little adventure. If you can call it an adventure since it was planned for 6-8 weeks prior. We drove down to Eugene yesterday to see Conan O'Brien (of NBC Late Night and short lived Tonight Show). It was the opening night of the first tour he has ever done and it was simply amazing. They really gave everyone their money's worth and it was a great night of thanking fans for their support. There was a surprise appearance by Spoon (musical artist) and, the biggest surprise, Jack McBrayer (Kenneth the Page) from NBC's 30 Rock. John and I LOVE 30 Rock and I was super excited when he walked out on stage. By the time the night was over, my hands were numb from clapping and my throat was extremely sore from screaming.
John and I had left Portland at 4pm for an 8pm show, just because it was a Monday and we were not at all familiar with how much work traffic there might be on the way down there. To our surprise, it only took two hours to get there and we parked early enough before the show to not have to pay for event parking! We were going to walk around for a while, but it started pouring rain and I was starving, so we ran into the nearest bar and grabbed a menu. We had some yummy burgers and onion rings, then made our way into the show. We didn't expect to have that much extra time on us, but it made for a wonderfully relaxing date night. Even though we didn't get home until almost 1:30am, it was completely worth it and something I will remember for a long time.
And now I'll get back to our vacation posts for you. :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment